MSG Speaker Series: The Buried Life

Last night was the big night, the day MSG members have been planning since May, The Buried Life were coming to Mercyhurst! It was such an exciting experience and came together so well. Around 2 o'clock myself and our MSG Events Coordinator began getting everything ready at the PAC (performing arts center) where the guys would be giving their presentation. After the final touches were added and the dressing rooms were organized we began waiting for The Buried Life's arrival. As soon as Ben, Duncan, Jonnie, and Dave arrived I began to get a little nervous. The guys were all super chill and immediately introduced themselves to me. I walked them in and showed them their green rooms and they thanked me and continued on with their sound check. I had to finish checking in the VIP pass winners so I went to the lobby and began organizing the VIP winners into one section of the PAC.

Dave
Duncan 
Before I knew it, it was showtime! The PAC began filling up with the tons of students, some of which were waiting since 6 and the doors opened at 8. Those were the very dedicated fans! At about 8:25, the guys went out on stage and gave an exhilarating hour presentation on "What do you want to do before you die?" The guys told all the students how the got the idea to start helping others while accomplishing things off of their bucket list. It was so amazing to see how an idea blossomed into this truly great project! Here are two of the guys from the group. Dave is personally my favorite and I thought he was the funniest out of all of them.

Jonnie
Ben
By the end of the speech these four young men had me convinced that anything is possible, and no dream is too big. Sometimes I feel like we get caught up in too many things and forget to take a step back and remember the small things. Maybe you want to run a marathon, go to Japan, or go to the Moon. No dream you have is too big, and these guys helped me realize it. I keep a "bucket list" of things I want to do before I die, and seeing The Buried Life has helped me take charge and begin crossing things off of my list.


After the speech in the PAC the guys did an autograph and picture session in the art gallery beside the PAC and everyone went crazy meeting the guys. Luckily enough, the members of MSG got to have a short picture session after all the fans went through. Below is the MSG Executive Board with The Buried Life boys! This was by far one of the best events that MSG has put on since I have been at Mercyhurst. I cannot wait to see where this organization will go in the next year and a half, and just who we will bring in next for the students of Mercyhurst to enjoy! Stay tuned and see just what we do!
MSG Executive Board 


2 comments:

  1. I agree that the event was a lot of fun and enjoyable, but there was a lot of disorganization amongst the MSG members. The biggest complaint I heard about last night was how rude all of the MSG members and faculty were during the autograph session. I, myself, experienced some rudeness from multiple members and was not pleased with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry you felt that way, and I'm sure no one was intentionally being rude. I know myself, it got a little crazy trying to make sure everyone had adequate time meeting the guys and taking pictures. Thanks so much for letting you know how you feel though, and I will do my best to insure that these same problems do not occur at MSG events in the future.
    Thanks again for coming out to the event, and we will look forward to seeing you at future events.
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete