A Windy Night at Mercyhurst

Well the weather is always unpredictable, but it seems to be even more so in Erie! Tonight was especially crazy when it comes to the weather. As we walked to dinner, it was unusually warm and all of my friends commented on how it was a nice change in the weather. Before we knew it, the weather took a turn for the worst! As I was slurping down my soup a huge bolt of lightning and crack of thunder let out in the Erie sky. This crack of thunder was like a marker for the flood gates to open. Monsoon-like rain quickly covered all of campus, which made for an interesting walk/run back to our apartment building to grab shelter. As time passed, the wind continued to blow, the temperature plummeted, and the rain turned to snow. Although I assumed that the weather was producing just a little unfriendly wind, I quickly was shown the severity of the situation. I found out that the steeple of our Christ the King Chapel actually was "blown" off due to the crazy wind. Some of my friends and I walked over to the chapel to see the damage for our selves and I was in complete shock! Below are the before and after pictures. I am glad that no one was hurt, but I cannot wait to see the steeple back on the chapel!
The Steeple on Christ the King Chapel 
The Steeple on the Ground

No comments:

Post a Comment