A Day, or two, in the Life of Jeremy

So Geopolitical!
So I really needed a fun and different idea for a blog posting this week, so I thought I'd give you a play by play of how the typical Monday goes for me. Now everyone knows that Mondays are not really everyone's favorite day, and yesterday was an extreme example of a typical Monday for me. My Monday started-off at 9:00 a.m., a reasonable time if I say so myself. After getting ready to take on my day, carpe diem style, I was off to class. My first class of the day is Religious Perspectives of Human Relationships. This course is a very fun and engaging religion class that I would recommend for everyone who is a current or prospective student of Mercyhurst University. After my religion course, I walked 15 steps in the Hirt building to my second class for the day, Geopolitics. Geopolitics is a very interesting political science course that focusses on the geographical and realist approach behind politics. This week in class,  we are tackling a simulation in the class, which is geared towards real would problems and how our team would fix them. This is a very fun way to teach real tangible issues in a way that is engaging. After my geopolitics class, I walked downstairs to another classroom in the Hirt building to have my last class for the day, Intelligence and National Security. This class is pretty fun as well, but not exactly what I was expecting. It is a more strategic approach to thinking about international relations (which doesn't sound too exciting but for a nerd like me it is wonderful).

Now after having three classes back-to-back, you'd think I was done for the day right? NOPE! Unlike most of my friends, my day is just really getting started. At 6:00 p.m., on Monday's, Mercyhurst Student Government's executive board meets to discuss all issues relating to student government. After usually an hour or hour and a half long meeting, I have a break before the 8:30 p.m. Mercyhurst Student Government meeting. The full senate meeting is always fun, and I love seeing and talking to all my fellow executive board members and senators. After another hour and a half long meeting or so, I am ready to "leave the office" and head back to my apartment.
Meetings Meetings and More Meetings

I can relax now, right? Think again! My day is still not finished, haha. On Mondays, I am normally back to my apartment at 10:30 p.m. and it is time to start on my school work. After about and hour or two of reading and paper writing, it is time to begin on yet...more work! Last night I sent out probably 10 emails, I made about four different types of PR for three clubs that I am in. This kept me busy until about 1:00 a.m. in the morning. So as you can see if you're a dedicated student who loves being involved, then your days can be very long. Although Mondays are by far my busiest days, I really do enjoy them and wouldn't change them at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment