Ambassador's Chrisgiving

Sarah B, Me, and Aldyn S. at Chrisgiving!
So today was the annual Ambassador's Chrisgiving, which is a holiday party that the Ambassador club has after Thanksgiving and before Christmas to get everyone into the holiday spirit. Every year, the theme of the party is "ugly sweater". It is really fun to see everyone dressed in their best ugly Christmas attire! Last year I really didn't do anything special, I just had a really (I mean so ugly) ugly sweater. This year, I wanted to do something a little more festive! So of course because I am a college student, I waited until the day before the party to put an outfit together...which may have actually worked out in my favor! Rhona and I went to the local Salvation Army to find some great outfits, and give back to others. While at "SalVo" I found the PERFECT sweater. In addition to the sweater I collected other wonderful pieces of Christmas cheer to make my "Mercy-Elf" costume even better!
Me, Rhona B. and Lindsay C. sporting our holiday outfits
The final product was an elf hat, an oversized sweater with tinsel and bells, and my TOMS shoes which I sewed bells on to make the perfect elf shoes! Although I was super excited to show off my Christmas cheer, the feeling quickly subsided when I walked across Mercyhurst campus "jingling all the way"! At the actual party, it was nice to socialize with the other Ambassadors, see everyone's outfits, and meet the new Ambassador pledges. After everyone feasted on turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and desserts, it was time for the voting of the "ugliest outfits". I honestly did not think my ensemble was "in the running towards becoming Mercyhurst Ambassador's next ugly Christmas outfit", so I was not really bothered in paying attention to the whole voting. Much to my surprise, the social committee voted myself, and Nathan K. as the ugly outfit winners. In addition, Paige B. and Adam F. were winners for their combined outfit of "grandma got run-over by a reindeer"! All in all, it was a very great night and I loved hanging out with all the Mercyhurst Ambassadors. I'm going to have to start planning my costume for next year...what will it be....?

Me, Nathan K., Adam F. and Paige B. the winners of the "ugly outfits"!

Carpe Diem, no matter what!
~Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment