Senior Class Gift


One of the exciting ventures that being a senior brings along is the ability to serve on our Senior Class Gift Committee. This year I have the privilege of being the Public Relations and Marketing Coordinator for the committee. This basically means that I am the individual who designs the logo and is charged with creating all marketing material for the committee. I am very excited to serve on the committee and to see just how much money we can raise for our class gift!

The committee's main responsibility is to choose a class gift that will serve as the class of 2013's legacy on Mercyhurst University's campus. As a group we have developed about 5 viable options for possible class gifts. Some options included a greenhouse/biodome, MAC lobby renovation, all day breakfast bar, fire-pit, and a new alumni plaza.

While my personal favorite gift option is a greenhouse, mainly because it was my idea, I think all of the ideas presented would be really great additions to campus.

The next step in the process is presenting the top ideas to the administration of the University. Once they decide what the gift will be the committee will begin fundraising efforts to pay for the gift. This process teaches students the importance of giving back to Mercyhurst, the school which has given us so much. I cannot wait to see all of the hard work that this committee will do, and to see our class gift come to pass. I'll make sure to keep everyone up-to-date on the gift and fundraising efforts!

That's all for now,
Carpe Diem Everyday!
~Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment